Monday, March 20, 2006

Failed Story Ideas

Almost all of the stories I write start out as a single sentence that pops into my mind from the ether. I can be doing anything (working, hiking, playing video games, having sex) when this happens. I stop what I'm doing (or slow down, if it's sex) and my eyes lose focus. Then the sentence comes. It speaks in it's own voice. I try to write them down. So today I give you a list of sentences that never became a story.

"Carla was a whore. She was also an alien."

"As my blood circled the drain, I marveled at the symmetry of the whorls, and wondered if it would be the same below the equator."

"The coffee was spiked..but I knew that before I drank it."

"She felt soft and loose, like warm jelly, and I shuddered as I thrust into her."

"Just by looking at him you could tell something was wrong, that something was left out when he was created."

"Do you think I like hurting you? Do you think it gives me pleasure? Well, maybe in a dark way it does, but you still need education. I do this for you, not to you."

"If you defy me, I will defile you."

"In that way I had always admired my mother. Like a succubus steals life from the living, my mother had stolen my father from god."

"His eyebrows seemed independent of his forehead, like a living thing unto themselves, two caterpillars that met over his eyes and mated over his nose."

So there you have them. Enjoy.


M. PotPie

4 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

I think a lot of these arose while you were having sex, didn't they? ;)

10:33 AM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Man. Most people try to think about baseball to prolong, but you really take the cake.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Lt. AP: Perhaps. Perhaps.

indy- Well, baseball excites me. And I didn't take the cake. I stole it.

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each of those has me wanting more!

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home