Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Do you believe in ghosts?

I do. I saw one in my apartment Sunday night.

Please allow me to preface this story by saying I wasn't drinking or smoking anything. I hadn't eaten any food that had gone bad, hadn't licked any toads or eaten any peyote buttons. I was on the straight and narrow.

Not that this is a good thing, but it is what it is.

At roughly 10pm central time I decided that sleeping was a better option than staying awake. Oscar was already sleeping, there was nothing worth watching on tv and I didn't feel like playing video games, so to bed I went.

If you're worried about my dental hygiene, don't. I brushed. I pooped, too, if you must know.

So there I am in bed, listening to the radio. All of the lights are off, Oscar is snoring, I'm laying on my back hoping the storms outside don't develop into a tornado; that's when I feel the tickle. A mental tickle, telling me something isn't right. I turn my head to the left and see it, floating in the doorway: A hand. Just a hand...a spectral, misty white hand, and it's moving towards me.

I was not scared. Not even a little. I was merely curious and watched as the hand approached, moving slowly closer. It reached my clock-radio, which was still on, the announcer talking about the tornado warnings, violent storms and wind alert.

The hand reached the radio, touched it, and it turned off. Then the hand was gone.

I lay there for a while, digesting what had just happened, wondering if I had fallen asleep quickly and had just dreamed the whole thing. But I was awake, there was no doubt about it. I'm not sure what it was, or who, but there are two things I am sure of:

1) The ghost (or whatever it was) really hated the radio station I was listening to.
2) Oscar cannot protect me from the undead. He didn't even wake up.

I'm more worried about the second part. I can always change the station, but I'll need help against a vampire.


M. PotPie

5 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

I do believe in ghosts/spirits. I have had too many fucked up experiences and known many trusted people who also have similar stories to not believe.

That is pretty freaky...I am really surprised the dog did not stir. MKD's dogs would go nuts at the ghost/spirit in her old apartment. Sometimes the dogs' reaction was more frightening than the feeling that something is not right.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Miles said...

I belive in gohsts. I've never accually seen one, but I've seen the effects of them. There is a door in our basement that doesn't have a lock on it that is always locked. One day I tried the handle and it opened without any trouble. The door keeps on locking itself and unlocking itself now.
The ghost you described is very odd. I love ghosts and have studied a lot on them. Most ghosts are either the ghosts of people that once lived and stayed behind from the afterlife or demons. The ones that stayed behind from the afterlife look like they did in life and rearly interact with humans. Demons are hardly ever seen and only live to cause pain. They always interact with humans if they see them. But the hand didn't seem violent, but it interacted with you. Weird...

9:15 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I once lived in a haunted house. A gangster was killed in it and I rented it from his mother. Never saw anything, stuff just got moved all the time. Leave your keys on the table, go to bed and the next morning find the keys in the bathroom.

Luckly, vampires can't come in unless you invite them. Just make sure Oscar doesn't invite any fanged friends to come visit!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

Awesome! I haven't attracted any in awhile, but the spirits in limbo are out there man...and they hate weather reports, as they don't apply to them...grooviness.

10:25 PM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Schitzophrenia?

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home