Monday, March 06, 2006

Monkeys and Bronchitis

They do not mix. No sir. I had never had bronchitis before, or strep. I had the pukey-flu once before, when I was eleven. I've had colds, sure, and some bad ones, but this was something completely different.

I did not like it. Sure, I got a week off work, but I had a fever ranging anywhere between 100 to 103, the worst sore throat of my life, a nasty cough that brought up interesting colored bits of phlegm (or sputum, if you prefer) and body aches. Oh, the aches. Awful.

But the worst part?

I couldn't drink. Shit! Apparently fevers, alcohol and antibiotics don't mix. Who knew? Oh, and my throat was too sore to smoke any grass. Just awful.

5 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

I have had all the things that you listed, and hopefully I will never get them again.

Being sick is the worst...I hope you are doing better!

10:49 AM  
Blogger ty bluesmith said...

dayummmm

3:33 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

Chicken so said what I was going to say...I'm nearly too horrified to comment about the not able to smoke weed part...hope you're better now darling...xx

8:50 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Lt. A.P.- I am better, thank you.

Chicken- Tell me about it! It was horrible. Like a horrible movie. Or a horror movie. Either one.

Chance- Yes.

Mangey- I was back at it last night; just in time for Jeopardy & 24.

8:23 AM  
Blogger Timmy said...

I hate it when I am too sick to drink and smoke grass.....except, I always do it anyways. Doesnt alcohol kill germs?

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home