Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Ah!

Today, I feel good. I feel good today. Any way you say it, it sounds nice. I decided to sleep in today and run errands after that. I didn't get to work until 10:30 and no one seemed to care. When my alarm went off this morning instead of hitting snooze (as I normally would, sometimes as many as eight times) I shut it off. Oscar looked at me, wagged his tail once (thumped, I should say) and put his head back down. I scratched behind his ears and closed my eyes again.

It's amazing what a little rest during the week can do for you. But was it the rest...or was it the fact that I was missing work to get it?

If it is the fact that I'm missing work...does that mean I truly hate my job and I'm only happy when I'm not there?

And if that's true..well, I guess that does not make me unique, but instead lumps me together with most of humanity. Either way I feel good. It almost feels like Spring.


M. PotPie

5 Comments:

Blogger Blog ho said...

amen. spring.

7:29 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

I took Monday off, then ended up paying for it with Tues and Wed..as in having to get up at 5:30 am...evil time of day!

8:53 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

I find that missing work all together or at the very least going in super late makes for a wonderful day.

9:56 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Ho- Blessed are the meek. Actually, no. Not really.

Mangey- 5:30am...I'm a morning person myself.

MKD- Agreed.

Chicken- If I have to miss three days because I was hit by a car...well, maybe I would do it.

9:10 AM  
Blogger asianpixie said...

Turning off my alarm is the story of my life. I am not a morning person and it has been showing at work. Everyone is impressed if I roll in before 11.

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home