Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Violence for Wednesday

Today's post was inspired by a visit here: http://superbadass.net/blog/

After reading the lovely & talented Terra T's (do yourself a favor and check her out....the writing, pervert) entry today the following spilled out of my fractured skull:



"So there I am, minding my own business, and this guy comes up and asks if he should know me. I'm like 'What? What the fuck is that supposed to mean, should you know me?'. And he says 'You have a famous face, like I've seen it before but can't remember who you are.' Can you believe that shit?"

She drones on and for what was probably only a few minutes but what seemed an eternity. She's an attractive girl, which is why I asked her out for a drink, but the more she talks the uglier she becomes. I don't mind if a girl swears, but in her horrible Brooklyn accent it makes her sound stupid, uneducated. I expect her to clear her throat and spit on the floor.

"So can you believe that shit or what?"

I mumble something along the lines of 'No, how dare he?' and she continues on about the nerve of the guy, blah blah blah. That's when I hit her with the beer bottle. Her nose explodes in a shower of blood and she falls to the floor, a stunned look on her face, her stupid cow eyes wide with surprise...and fear? Yes, fear. Now she's beautiful, now I want her, I reach for her, my smile telling her it will be ok and that I can love her now if she'll let me. She opens her mouth...to tell me she loves me too?

No, to scream. Her fingers reach for her shattered face and come away bloody, she stares at them, her blood-covered talons, and shrieks again, the cry of a harpy. Her ugly voice vomits a stream of obscenities and my smile fades as I move towards her, my only thought to make her be quiet. I lift my foot to squash her like an ugly bug, I want to feel her guts pop out of her hard shell, I long for the cracking sound that will bring the silence and bring back the love....


M. PotPie

5 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Due to my last entry about PMS, I can relate to "fantasy violence." Or in your case, "reality violence." Thankfully, you are in middleofnowhere, U.S.A.

9:25 AM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Gah!

10:14 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

Was it right to laugh during this?

because I did.

Also, I swear a lot, and if you ever hit me with a beer bottle (always a possibility when beer's involved) I will most likely cut you.

any screams will be battle cries.

=)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Lt. A.P.- Reality? You must have me confused with a maniac.

Indy- It ain't pretty, is it?

TerraT- my muse...bring it on, Xena!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

ty- I don't know whether to say thank you or be scared...

Chicken- Help! Help! I'm being repressed!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home