Monday, December 12, 2005

Mundaneday

It's Monday and there's a turd in my coffee. Well, there may as well be, that's about how I feel coming to work today. And though my first instinct is to completely mail it in today and re-post a previous entry, my fear of Lieutenant A.P. of BlogForce nixes that idea. So, instead, I give you this, the lyrics to a song from a great band (and my current favorite) Flogging Molly. It's from their album (am I old for saying album instead of cd?) Swagger, entitled...

"The Worst Day Since Yesterday"
Well I know, I miss more than hit.
With a face that was launched to sink.
And I seldom feel the bright relief.
It's been the worst day since yesterday.
If there's one thing I have said
Is that the dreams I once had, now lay in bed.
As the four winds blow, my wits through the door.
It's been the worst day since yesterday.
Fallin' down to you sweet ground,
Where the flowers they bloom, it's there I'll be found.
Hurry back to me, my wild calling.
It's been the worst day since yesterday.
Though these wounds have seen no wars,
Except for the scar I have ignored,
And this endless crutch, well it's never enough.
It's been the worst day since yesterday.
Hell says "Hello!", well it's time I should go,
To pastures green, that I've yet to see.
Hurry back to me, my wild calling.
It's been the worst day since yesterday.

4 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Thanks for the new nickname :)

MKD and I saw Flogging Molly recently in Baltimore. They were awesome and the chick in the band is way hot.

11:52 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

My pleasure, AP. I haven't had a chance to see them live, but they are coming to Mpls in February, so I think I'm going then. They'll be in D.C. in March.

12:09 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

I love them! I have the CDs and love them. Did I mention they're awesome and I love them?

7:57 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

ty- Well, I still don't know what was in the briefcase.

mkd- I get the impression that you like them. Apparently they don't know that Wisconsin exists because they never come here. I'll be forced to go to Chicago or Minneapolis.

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home