Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Return

Astarte is a cruel, demanding mistress.

Perfect.

Friends, I am spent. Weak and weary I return to work, relieved and saddened at the same time. I am sore, having used muscles that don't normally get such a workout...I feel drained of life but full of satisfaction...and I wear a stupid grin, proudly, a secret purple heart.

I have explored uncharted waters, navigating the perilous sea with blind faith and bald courage, relying on instinct and experience. But unlike Odysseus, when I heard the sirens' call I did not strap myself to the mast. I gave in, willingly, and abandoned myself to whatever fate awaited.

And what a fate it was. As with all good journeys I learned something about myself previously unknown and discovered that some things previously believed simply aren't true at all.

I need some time to digest what actually happened, to sort through the discoveries and newly awakened desires, to give time and distance a chance to offer a larger view. And then perhaps give a more detailed report of a very, very interesting four days.


M. PotPie

5 Comments:

Blogger Jezebelle said...

oh my! yes...more details...please.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Soon, Jezebelle, I will provide details. I'm still tired.

1:26 PM  
Blogger M. Fred said...

Maybe you should just write one of those Dear Penthouse letters.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

I could, but this is a true story. I understand that most of those are fake.

9:06 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Please do, NGF, it would be fun.

I'm writing them now, I'll post them this morning, hopefully. It's a long story, I may have to break it up into bits.

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home