Monday, October 24, 2005

It's Monday & I'm Bleeding

It's true. There was a paper jam in the only working copier in the building. Ok, it's a small building, and there's only two, but damn it we needed copies and I'm the man to fix it! I'm also the man that jammed it, but I believe in taking responsibility for my own actions.

Being the reasonably intelligent man that I am I followed the instructions and the blinking red lights on the copier.

"Open Flap A" (or some such nonsense) Open.
"Check for paper" Paper. Yep. Check.
"Remove paper" Ok.

Ok.

Ok.

Shit. This paper is jammed. Won't budge. I tug harder. The copier moves, the paper does not. I can feel the anger rising and I'm feeling like Mr. Furious from Mystery Men (funny movie. rent it.). In my rage I tug too hard and the paper rips. My hand flies backward and three knuckles on my right hand smash against some sort of protrusion in the copier and come out gashed and bleeding. Oh joy!

I'm staring stupidly at my torn and bleeding knuckles. A co-worker wanders by, looks at the copier, looks at my hand, smiles at me and says "Dumb-ass." I instantly fall in love with her. But before I can begin my wooing of said maiden I must repair the damage to my digits. Anybody have a band-aid...or three?

Of course in a perfect world a nice young lady would offer to lick my knuckles clean...but we all know this world is not perfect.

Oh, by the way, I managed to fix the paper jam.
But forgot to make my copies.
Back to the front!


M. PotPie

4 Comments:

Blogger Blog ho said...

you should sue.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Ho- I'd call my lawyer but he's Mexican and I can't understand him.

ngf- Well, I would like to grab her by the hair...

8:11 AM  
Blogger M. Fred said...

Licking the blood off of torn knuckles that just came in contact with a probably very germy copier (imagine all the people that touch it, all day) sounds wicked gross.. and also, kind of a turn on. Weird.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Definitely a turn-on. And weird. Cest la vie.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home