Tuesday, January 03, 2006

New Fear For A New Year

I have started this year the same way I ended the last one: Uninspired. I'm finding it more and more difficult to do this on a daily basis without resorting to gimmicks. Have I run out of ideas? Do I just not care anymore? Has the energy-sapping & deadly ennui become permanent?

I simply don't know. Only time will tell, and that of course is the worst thing that can take place. Time moves slowly when uninspired, dragging on and clanking like old tin cans still attached to a new couple's car long after the newness is gone and complacency has set in.

I want this blog to be a creative outlet, not a diary or confessional. So I have a favor to ask:

Please supply me with one sentence. It can be dialogue, descriptive or completely non-sensical. It can be anything at all. I'll choose one or two (or more if necessary) and write new stories based on them and including them.

Thank you in advance. I figure with a bunch of freaky people like yourselves around this should be a good time.


M. PotPie

11 Comments:

Blogger ty bluesmith said...

I was all cold and shit but totally wondering just what the fuck was below the ice

12:09 PM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

"It's only a fur piece away, a coupla errs or so."

12:17 PM  
Blogger asianpixie said...

Oooh...I feel your request is psychological in which you will tap into people's subconscious/personality/lives depending on what sentence they provide.

'Uninspired' sums up how I have been feeling lately too. Therefore, I am having a hard time fulfilling your request. Either that, or I already have.

12:36 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

my winter theme has been stolen and all I can say is, fuck.

fuck fuck fuck.

also, you're not allowed to use the word 'ennui', or else bad things shall happen.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

I stumbled backward, panties in one hand, bong in the other..luckily they had moved the body, or I would have fallen over it and into the....

5:52 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

I can't believe that they really wanted a cat that bad.

Good luck. I can't wait.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A dicey request considering your readership.

Ah, well. Try this: In Bizarro World, people are rooted to the ground and the TREES walk about.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

A collective thank you is in order here. Sooo...thank you.

Oh, and Chicken, I thought we were still doing something along these lines. I e-mailed you yesterday. I still want to.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

In addition, TerraT, it's funny that you say that about using 'ennui' (does that count as using it again?). From now on I'll do my best to keep pretentious French words out of here.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm gonna add some pretentious french words here for my sentence:

"l'attente ici pour vous avec la prevision hors d'haleine"

translation - "I sit here waiting for you with breathless anticipation."

10:06 AM  
Blogger TerraT said...

oh I know what I'd like to see, a scenario where you lie and actually have your pants catch on fire.

irony can be funny. bonus points if you can work in the song, isn't it ironic.

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home