Friday, December 02, 2005

Crazy Ray Part II

Let me start off by saying that while my recollection of that particular night is mostly clear, there was some corn liquor involved. And we all know what that stuff can do to a man. I ain't sayin', I'm just sayin', if you catch me.

It was a Sunday in June, a fine spring day that had dawned warm and clear, one that made you happy to be alive, even if you did live in Alabama, which we did. Ray and I were out of work (which was nothing new) just like a lot of folks in Elmore county. Third fastest growing county in the state my ass! The only thing growing at any rate at all was the collective ass of the county commissioners. But that's another story.

Seeing as we were out of work we had plenty of spare time to get into trouble, and let me assure you we took advantage of it. We had a friend named Tokie that we would hang out with, and most days we'd just sit around in his back yard and talk. Of course when I say 'talk' I mean sit around and say nothing 'cept the usual stuff. You know, 'how you?' or 'how's your mama?' or 'nice day, ain't it?'. More often than not one of us would have just enough money to buy some beers or corn liquor, so we'd sit around and drink as well. We didn't hang around my place because I lived with my mom at the time, and we didn't hang around Ray's place 'cause he lived with Starla, an ex-dancer, ex-hooker and current employee of Monster Mountain, a dirt racing track in Tallassee. Supposedly she worked the concession counter, but Ray and us were pretty sure she really worked the back door, so to speak. Old habits die hard, I guess, but she let Ray stay there for free and gave him stuff me and Tokie weren't getting, so I didn't blame him for staying on. She didn't like me or Tokie anyway.


(more to come, this is all I have time for today)


M. PotPie

4 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

:( You didn't even end at a good point. You just stopped right in the middle of a situation. I hope you don't have sex like that.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

That's funny as hell, AP. I'm just busy, that's all. I'll continue writing it over the weekend and post the whole thing on Monday.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LMAO at Asianpixie!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

jj- Not on purpose. Today was.

ty- thankyouverymuch

chicken- grain alcohol made from corn. very potent.

4:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home