Wednesday, November 09, 2005

My Co-Workers are Scum

As I write this it occurs to me that I may be being a bit hypocritical. I was going to write a post about how my co-workers sit around talking all morning instead of working, leaving me to answer all the incoming loan calls....and here I am blogging instead of working.

Cest la vie.

Fuck it, they're still scum. Bunch of damn gossipy women talking about kids and bad husbands and how much work there is to do. For the last hour and a half, no joke, they've been sitting around one desk bitching, bitching and bitching some more while I answer call after call and playing catch-up with all the shit I didn't get done yesterday.

Am I bitter?

Oh yes. Bitter, cynical, jaded and depressed, but I still do my job.

And why is that? I like to believe it's some sort of Midwestern work ethic, but isn't that just guilt in disguise?

Wait a moment...they're talking about their asses now. Apparently they think they're too big, but it's not their fault. Really? Not your fault?

Put the donut down, honey, we need to talk. Now, I know you drink diet soda and eat no-fat pretzels. But if you drink six or seven a day and eat the entire bag of pretzels....well, you're still gonna get that big ass. And while a certain type of big ass is sexy, your cottage-cheese version is not. So put down the snacks, do some work, and maybe take a walk. Maybe your husband will want to fuck you then and you can relax, stop bitching, and get back to work, thereby making my life easier.

Ahhh. I feel better. Now all I have to do is muster up the courage to say these things out loud.


M. PotPie

6 Comments:

Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Wisconsin, brother.

Grew up in Detroit Rock City.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Blog ho said...

bitter > biter.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Yes. That too, sensei.

5:01 PM  
Blogger Jezebelle said...

ha ha ha ha ha...you're just bitter because they don't invite you into their conversation...just kidding, that would suck. When I was in high school I worked as an office bitch (that's the technical term) in a law firm. On fridays, all the lawyers and assistants would stop working at 3 and drink wine in the lunch room. It was my job to answers the phones, as well as do my office bitch tasks and then clean up their mess when they were done getting shit faced...I did this for three years and never got a raise..besides that mandatory increases in minimum wage. You should stage a mini protest...

7:51 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

A mini-protest....an excellent idea. Perhaps if I turned my phone off for an afternoon and walked around saying "Does my package look big in these?"

8:27 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Cheese Monkey, sometimes I think you're right. But then what else would we have to look at all day?

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home