Monday, April 10, 2006

Today, I Hurt

I've discovered something rather distressing over this past weekend:

I am no longer young.

I'm not old, mind you, but I'm certainly no longer a youth. I'm in pain, you see, from physical exertion. Softball, to be precise. In anticipation of my excursion into the world of movement outside my normal realm (sex and hiking, mostly) I devoted two full hours to stretching and hydration.

This was not enough.

So today, after running, throwing, hitting and diving around for two hours yesterday, I'm stiff and sore. And I'll tell you a secret: I like it.

What's more distressing to me is that I'm sore from playing softball. It's not even baseball. Maybe I'm a bit of a purist, or, I dare say, a snob, but softball is to baseball as putt-putt is to real golf. So to be in pain after playing softball...meh. (by the way, I've learned a lot of new terms and words reading your blogs, and 'meh' has turned out to be one of my favorites).

And yet...I would still choose softball over work. Or over most other things for that matter.

Ok, I have no point. Right now I'm just posting to post...or to avoid work. It's kind of like eating simply because food is in front of you and that's what you're supposed to do with it.

Meh.


M. PotPie

7 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Meh is a good one. I also like "foo" for bad things, and "scritches" for playful scratching (usu. on the head).

10:38 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Chicken- I use Bah! on a daily basis. Thank you for bah. And yes, pain can be pleasure. Indeed.

Lt. A.P.- Isn't foo good luck? Like a Foo Dog?

10:58 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Chicken- Passed out? Oh..my icon thingy...no, he's high on ether. I've often thought that Curious George led me to experiment with drugs.

12:51 PM  
Blogger M. Fred said...

Chinatown is downtown. you know, when
you go downtown to chinatown. DOWNtown. GO DOWNtown. Get it?

My parents read my blog so I'm not discussing this further

3:59 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Center- Got it. And it's nice to see you up and off your ass.

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

Word to the pain. I've been pumping iron in the gym for the past 3 weeks and end up hobbling about like old woman every eve. Tis tragic. Still have no weed. Damned Border Patrol and their seizing of harvest...:(

9:53 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Mangey- Make a trip to WI. It's beginning to green up.

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home