Friday, February 17, 2006

Snow Day

So.....I have a question for the smart people, the logical people:

Is the following reasoning sound at all?

Ok, so, we're getting a blizzard tomorrow. The weather people say there's a 100% chance that we'll get 5-9 inches of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Mr. PotPie, you live 35 miles away, so why don't you drive in tomorrow and we'll see what happens with the weather. If it gets really bad we'll send you home early. In the blizzard.

WTF?!

So I drove in yesterday, and about 40 minutes after arriving the blizzard hits. Just like the weather people said. Within one hour there's already four inches of snow, along with thunder and lightning. Yes, thunder and lightning. In a blizzard. It was freaky, to say the least, but cool as hell. So after waiting another two hours, they send me home.

During the worst part of the blizzard. Thirty to forty mile an hour wind, snow, sleet, thunder and lightning. I could see maybe, maybe ten feet in front of me. It took me over two hours to get home. Thankfully I have a truck and four wheel drive. There is no way in hell I would have made it home in a car. The snow was too high on the road from the wind making it drift.

Fuckers! I can't believe they made me come in and then sent me out in what could very well be the worst weather I've ever seen. I hate them. So how do I show them I hate them?

I made matzo ball soup and brought it in for everyone. Hah! That'll show 'em!


M. PotPie

9 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Wow...talk about your work being a bunch of fuckheads. Way to show them with the soup. Unless it was evil matzo ball soup...

11:48 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

No, not evil. Just plain good!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Nope. They're wonderful dumplings. And delicious!

5:31 PM  
Blogger MKD said...

Nope, makes sense to me.

But then again I have a below normal IQ.

10:45 PM  
Blogger ty bluesmith said...

oh, man.

matzo ball soup.

the ultimate hangover cure.

12:01 PM  
Blogger M. Fred said...

I like matzo ball soup but I can never make a soup that is as good as a restaurant version. Except I never order soup at restaurants since I'm eating out and I want to treat myself to something cheesy or fried or otherwise delicious. Its a vicious cycle.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You seem to make soup a lot.

Wanna swap um... recipes?

3:49 PM  
Blogger Blog ho said...

you're one of my favorite jews. and i love matzo ball soup. it's the 3rd best kind of soup behind steak and chicken soups.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

mkd- Yes you don't.

chubba- it cures everything. Kind of like Guinness.

Center- Quite vicious..but if you do it right it's always better than the restaurant.

Snav- Do I detect a double entendre? And I'm sorry, but this is one recipe I will not share. It's a Jew thing.

Ho- I put chicken in my matzo ball soup. So does that make it 2nd best? And what would happen if I put ham in it? I think it might explode..or open a doorway to hell.

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home