Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I Really Should Do My Laundry

Yes, I probably should. But I have this perverse desire to see if I can wear every article of clothing I own until it's obviously in need of washing. I'm already out of socks and underwear, so I've been going commando for a few days and have taken to wearing my socks inside out, hoping nobody notices. So far, so good, no comments. But you can't hear what people say behind your back. I'll run out of pants next. The pants are the major hurdle. I can't wear jeans and such to work, and most of my work pants (or slacks, if you prefer. I don't, and you're a freak if you do) are dry-clean only and don't take to ironing very well. Shirts I'm ok on. I have lots of those. I'm not counting shoes.

I'm not sure if this desire comes from my simply being lazy and not enjoying the folding aspect of laundry, or if I'm motivated by the altruistic aspect of a science experiment that could benefit bachelors everywhere. If I can prove, by example and documentation, that it is possible to go several weeks without doing laundry I could save people both time and money. That's a good thing, is it not? Think of the things that could be accomplished if you didn't have to waste two hours doing laundry...like drinking another beer or saving a small child trapped in a well...

Either way it's an experiment in progress.


M. PotPie

1 Comments:

Blogger Purring said...

As long as your ass is clean and you have no skid marks...where whatever your non-laudry doing heart desires!

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home