Thursday, September 15, 2005

I've been giving some thought to capital punishment lately. You know, the death penalty. Not much of a deterrent, is it? These murdering, raping bastards spend years on death row filing appeal after appeal, all the while sucking on the teat of the taxpayer. Well I, for one, am fed up with it. So I've come up with a solution, which I'll share with you now.

If you've been convicted of a violent crime, convicted without any shadow of doubt by a jury of your peers, you now have two choices. You can either:

A) Be buried alive, or

B) Be infected with AIDS, West Nile, SARS, Asian Bird Flu, Ebola or some other heinous disease that has no cure (can you give somebody cancer?) and become a human guinea pig. If, by some miracle, you are the person that is given a cure that works...congratulations, you've paid your debt to society, you may go free. Otherwise you die a horrible death, which you deserve.

I can't find any real flaw with this system. By commiting a violent crime, by murdering, raping, kidnapping...you've given up your rights as a human being. I don't care how bad your childhood was or how awful the place you grew up in was, 99.99% of people know the difference between right and wrong.

The other .01% go into politics.

Hey-O!

Anyway that's the idea. Buried alive or human guinea pig.


M. PotPie

2 Comments:

Blogger Sporting Pink said...

Buried alive in a coffin or just covered with dirt? I want to know how quickly I'd suffocate. I think you should also include 'still living' cremation. I think that would sort of be like the 21st century version of being burned at the stake. Anyway, I'd go with one of those... the whole experimenting on prisoners thing is way too Hitler-esque for me (although in theory it would provide wonders in term of medical progress...).

4:49 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

I gave some thought to the experimentation bit at first, including it being Hitleresque, but the Nazis did useless experimentation that amounted to torture and did nothing to advance medicine. This would, at least, help cure disease.

Oh, and definitely in a coffin. There needs to be prolonged suffering. Still living cremation...I like it!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home