Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This is worth sharing

The following is an actual story told to me by a recent loan applicant:

Me: So why do you need two hundred and sixty two dollars?

Crazy Woman: Well the place told me my car needs a lot of work.

Me: I see. What kind of work?

Crazy Woman: Well...they said it needed everything. A complete oil change. Oil, filter..everything. And really I wouldn't be asking but things are really hard for me right now. I just had surgery for lung cancer*, so I'm sick, and my husband just up and left me for another woman and won't support me anymore and the judge says I can't sue him again for six months to try and get some money to make ends meet. On top of that I just had five consecutive people in my family die on me, one right after the other, from my mother to my sister. I know my credits' bad, but that's because my fiancee keeps going into the hospital and can't get himself straight, so he's not supporting me, and my husband won't either, and his wife won't even let him talk to me anymore. Oh, and when I was down in Milwaukee they stole my license plates, and my registration is up next month. But even that's not the worst of it. I have a daughter down in Texas, she's talking with the police and the detectives, she got raped in the hospital while she was in labor. But they made an arrest, so that's good, but I'm worried about her, and when you add all that stuff up and throw that on top of it things are tough.

Me: Wow.

Crazy Woman: So, can you help me out?

Me: No. No I can't.


* As we were talking I looked through her account history, and every week she spends roughly thirty dollars at "The Smoke Shop".

The moral of the story:

While I was in Madison, she talked to another loan officer and the loan department manager.

They gave her the money.


M. PotPie

19 Comments:

Blogger asianpixie said...

Wow. This is why I am thankful to not have to deal with clients on a daily basis. I bet you have seen/heard it all.

2:53 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

It always amazes me when I talk to people and hear what they have to go through at work. I always learn something. In this lady's case, she definitely showed "If at first you don't succeed..."

To Love, Honor and Dismay
-

7:12 PM  
Blogger D e s i g n Girl said...

It's nice to see you back. :) Dealing with the Public in my opinion can be absolutely priceless when it comes to entertainment! The chick was pure talent.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Beth said...

She sounds like one fine piece of work. I bet working with such a wide range of people has left an interesting taste in your mouth.

4:42 PM  
Blogger arthur decko said...

I'm going to Madison!

5:42 PM  
Blogger lilmammal said...

Um, I'm never complaining about a bad day again.

8:41 AM  
Blogger MKD said...

Wow, that is some craziness. Jesus. And I thought the ppl I deal with were crazy.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Lt. AP: I get to hear great stories every day! And I've learned to love to say no.

Andrew: Nah, she's just nuts.

design girl: She's freakin' natural. Definite Gong Show material.

Beth: Actually I haven't tasted any of them.

Oliver: Umm.... Ok. How will I recognize you?

Indy: It wasn't so bad, actually.
Oh..wait...you mean her day.

MKD: I think we're all bozos on this bus.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Chicken: Toast is most definitely a panacea.

9:42 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

I think I laughed a good five minutes over your reply. ha. :)

7:01 PM  
Blogger Kata said...

Hmm. Can I get the name of the bank that gave her the loan? I need to go to the "Smoke Shop" too...

2:39 PM  
Blogger TerraT said...

so what you're saying is that you have some money to lend me?

look, I'm just trying to get to the point.

;p

5:20 PM  
Blogger shanley said...

she got raped while she was giving labor. i so fucking laughed. i couldn't help it.

i'm going to hell.

that was such a good story.

1:48 PM  
Blogger DogGirl said...

Man, I SO have one of these right now. It's amazing that someone with TWO Chapter 13 bankruptcies within the past year doesnt understand she's not the prime candidate for a loan. Dogdamn, she's wrapped every mortgage she's ever had into the bankruptcies.

Oh, and she doesnt understand why she can't get a 300K home for $1200/mo. Hell, even the best buyer can't get a payment that low! I dont care where you are! Even with those 1.25% mortgage payment rates. And she calls me 5x per day for updates. Hey UPDATE! YOUR CREDIT SUCKS AND YOU DONT PAY ANYONE! WE DONT TRUST YOU.

12:46 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Interesting job you have there.

Hey, can I have a loan? I need new shoes.

1:00 AM  
Blogger Sister Copinherhair said...

I've had people like this in my chair...C-R-A-Z-Y!

7:27 AM  
Blogger DogGirl said...

Your blogging sucks as much as mine!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Monkeypotpie said...

Ahhh...doggirl...where have you been?

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keith my friend, where are you?

Kym.dewees@gmail.com

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home