Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Oy Vey

I just got back from visiting my Grandparents in Florida (where all good Jews go to retire) and I'm terrified that I've witnessed what I'm doomed to become. It was like stepping into a time machine, jumping forward 44 years and watching myself waddle around waiting to die. But enough about the raisins.

Florida is an abysmal place in the summer. I was staying near Tampa, on the Gulf side, but I assume the rest of the state sucks just as bad. Oh sure, if you like giant reptiles, giant smelly birds, giant bugs...all of which leave giant piles of crap everywhere...than the Sunshine State is the place for you.

Ah, but M. PotPie, you say, you should come here in the winter, when the weather is nice! You'll change your tune then! Horseshit, I say back! Winter is when the families go, and everybody hates families on vacation. The giant reptiles, birds and bugs are replaced by giant groups of frustrated husbands, drunk wives and sticky children. They also leave giant piles of crap everywhere.

Stupid Florida.


M. PotPie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home